What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bodies Exhibition opens in Taj Mahal

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

judyb57

Super Moderator
Bodies Exhibition opens in Taj Mahal
20 May 2008

ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey -- (PRESS RELEASE) -- Pre mier Exhibitions, Inc. announced today that BODIES…The Exhibition will open Saturday, May 24, 2008 in The Xanadu Theatre at Trump Taj Mahal. The exhibit will be open daily from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.

Seen by more than eight million visitors, BODIES…The Exhibition features real, whole and partial human body specimens that have been meticulously dissected and preserved through an innovative process, giving individuals the opportunity to view the complexity of their own organs and systems like never before.

This ground breaking exhibition provides an up-close look inside the skeletal, muscular, reproductive, respiratory, circulatory and other systems of the human body. Many of the whole body specimens are dissected in vivid athletic poses, allowing the visitor to relate to everyday activities. In addition, authentic human specimens illustrate the damage caused to organs by over-eating and lack of exercise. A healthy lung is featured next to a black lung ravaged by smoking in a vivid comparison more powerful than any textbook image.

"The Exhibition will change the way people see themselves," stated Roy Glover, Chief Medical Director of Premier Exhibitions, Inc. "It is designed to enlighten, empower, fascinate, and inspire. Your body is the only thing that you carry with you from the moment you are born until your last breath. Yet we know surprisingly little about ourselves. For centuries, this world has been off-limits to the public – open only to doctors and medical professionals. Now, for the first time, we are pulling back the curtain and allowing the public to see it for themselves, up-close and personal."

The real human body specimens in the exhibition are preserved through a revolutionary technique called polymer preservation. In this process, human tissue is permanently preserved using liquid silicone rubber that is treated and hardened. The end result is a rubberized specimen, preserved to the cellular level, showcasing the complexity of the body's many bones, muscles, nerves, blood vessels and organs. The full-body specimens can take more than a year to prepare.

Tickets for this popular exhibition are on sale and priced at $27.00 for adults, $25.00 for senior citizens 65 and above, $24.00 for groups of 15 or more, $20.00 for children 12 years of age and under, $14.00 for school groups of 15 or more. There is an option of renting a headset for an additional $6.00 which would also give you an audio tutorial of each of the specimens on exhibit. Prices are inclusive of sales tax. Tickets will be sold up until 9:00 pm to allow guests to fully experience the exhibition.

Purchase tickets by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-736-1420 or at ticketmaster.com, or by logging on to bodiestickets.com.

Tickets are also available at the Xanadu Theatre "Bodies" Box Office. For box office hours and more information call (609) 449-6003.

In light of high demand and record-setting attendance generated by the Exhibition in other cities, organizers urge the public to purchase advance tickets to ensure admittance when the exhibit opens on Saturday, May 24.

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Wow thats weird.... dont know if I would like that lol

Luck3Sevens

Lifetime Streaker
I saw it in New York. It's a must see. You will learn so much about your body! You will see a real black lung, and a cancerous (pee pee) that was cut off. Heh. Good fun! Also, you will see fetuses in different stages of growth.

Last edited:

MotelPrisoner

Lifetime Streaker
I'm going to AC next week for my BDay. I would love this. When I went to Medical School we had a field trip to Mutter's Museum in Phila. that was similar.

They have all kinds of weird stuff...tumors, a man who's muscle converted to bone, objects removed from people's stomachs, etc etc. Was seriously interesting!