>
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: CONCERNING SIGNATURES

Bookmark and Share

CONCERNING SIGNATURES

Streakers, we have been having a lot of problems with members signing up only to spam here. So we have had to change things a little bit. New members will NOT be allowed to have personal signatures or post graphics until we are certain they are not here to spam. All of our current members will not be affected. If you already have a signature, you will be allowed to keep it.

Again, this is only for new members that sign up and will not affect our current members! We are trying to keep spammers down to a minimum so they won't bother coming here hopefully!
    Last edited by judyb57; 09-05-2010 at 05:08 PM.

My Mood
    Mellow

Re: CONCERNING SIGNATURES

Better keep an eye on me then, I've got a can of spam in the cupboard and a hankering for a ham sandwich...

My Mood
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by Nitestick7 View Post
    Better keep an eye on me then, I've got a can of spam in the cupboard and a hankering for a ham sandwich...

My Mood
    Happy

I didn't realise they even still made that stuff

My Mood
    Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by sorcer3ss View Post
    LMAO of course! Its pretty good if you fry it up and cook it really long until its really brown and crispy!! Goes great with some scrambled eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by sorcer3ss View Post
    Actually I saw something on tv about it and you would be surprised how popular it is! I like it and I think a lot more people do too and they just wont admit it, lol.

Newbie Streaker

You guys have got some sense of humor down here. Thanks for telling though.

My Mood
    Cheeky

In the States (not sure which state), they actually have a SPAM festival every year. Every recipe you can imagine with SPAM in it. I saw it on Food Network. Pretty freaky food I'll tell ya lol

My Mood
    Cheerful

I love spam.... the kind you can digest that is
    Follow us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterFollow us on Google+Follow us on TumblrFollow us on PinterestFollow us on WordpressFollow us on BloggerFollow us on LinkedIn

Lifetime Streaker

Quote Originally Posted by CareyG View Post

LMAO of course! Its pretty good if you fry it up and cook it really long until its really brown and crispy!! Goes great with some scrambled eggs!

Was just gonna say that. Fry it up, melt some cheese on it, toast some bread, and put a little mustard on it, hmmmm... good stuff!!

Lifetime Streaker

sounds good !!!

nalgenie

yuk....so salty

i remember when we were little, and kind of poor, my mom used to come up with all of this crap for us to eat, and that was definately one of them.

spam and beans....i still remember all the gel in the can how great that must
    be for you!!! yum!!!

Yeah, that stuff is certainly not high on the healthy food list

Healthy benefits of SPAM

Healthy benefits of SPAM
    Doctors making mistakes
    A bum rap for a classic of American “cuisine”
    Last month, I wrote to you – somewhat gleefully, I’ll admit – about the impending extinction of the Hostess Twinkie and it’s deadly cousins, the Ding-dong and the Ho-ho (how did they come up with these names?). Paradoxically, these chemical-loaded, nearly nutrition-less sugar-bombs have long been considered HARMLESS by the mainstream. Right now, they’re stacked high in convenience stores, lined up in rows in school vending machines and nestled on the kitchen-cabinet shelves of countless American households.
    And if the Hostess Bakery does indeed go belly-up (as I’m hoping), many may even shed a nostalgic tear as the Twinkie and friends fade into history. I’m certain the mainstream media will have a field day over it, anyway. What’s even more ironic is the fact that while deadly, diabetes-causing Twinkies have been getting a free pass for decades, another classic American foodstuff that’s actually good for you has been getting horribly maligned for years
    Of course, I’m talking about SPAM.
    Yes, instead of being exalted as the healthy, simple, and affordable food it is, Spam has gotten the “Rodney Dangerfield” treatment in the mainstream – especially in the last 5 years, as the venerable brand has been co-opted by the digerati as another name for Internet junk mail!
    But junk mail or not, Spam’s definitely not junk FOOD. In fact, it’s as close to perfect as a processed, indefinite-shelf-life food can be. Unlike the Twinkie’s list of 27 ingredients (most of which aren’t found in nature) Spam’s got only 5 all-natural ingredients:
    1) Chopped pork shoulder and ham meat
    2) Salt
    3) Water
    4) Sugar (must be only a smidge – the nutritional info lists 0
    grams of sugars)
    5) Sodium Nitrite
    Lest you’re wondering about that last one – yes, it’s a preservative. But unlike other preservatives (like a lot of the ones in Hostess Bakery’s bag of tricks), Sodium Nitrite is produced by your own body at a far greater rate than what you likely consume in food. It is vital in controlling bacteria in the stomach – and on the shelf. The Sodium Nitrite in Spam (and in other packaged meats) guards against such bacterial nasties as botulism.
    But as great as Spam is as a healthy, economical food, the truly American success story of this historic meat product is even greater. Keep reading
    The True Hollywood Story: SPAM
    When most people think of a canned food, they probably don’t think about its place in American (and world) history. Yet just like people and places, foods have a story behind them. The hamburger has a story. The Sloppy Joe has a story. Oreo cookies have a story (albeit a fattening one)
    And Spam has a story, too – one that’ll bring a patriotic tear to the eye. According to various Spam-friendly Web sites (there are several), here are some of the high points in that story:
    • The U.S. military continues to rely on Spam as a staplefoodstuff for mess halls nationwide – over 3 millionpounds of the meat were purchased by the armed forces in 1989 alone.
    • Nikita Kruschev himself (our Cold War arch-enemy, but our ally in WWII) credited the millions of rations of cheap, hardy, and easy-to-cook Spam the U.S. supplied for the survival of the Russian Army in the Second World War.
    • Spam is trademarked and sold in at least 93 countries worldwide. In some (like Korea), it’s marketed as gourmet food and sold in stylish presentation boxes.
    • An average of nearly 4 cans of Spam per second are consumed in the U.S alone.
    • If every can of Spam ever eaten were aligned end-to-end, that line would encircle the Earth more than ten times.
    • The simple name SPAM came from a contraction of “spiced ham,” and was the winning entry in a 1937 contest to re-brand the Hormel-made lunchmeat – then 11 years old and failing in the marketplace. The name was a hit, and Spam has dominated its market segment ever since.
    More than all this, though, Spam is delicious. Sliced medium-thin and pan-fried over a stove (or even better, over a campfire), there’s no tastier accompaniment for nature’s perfect food, eggs. If you don’t have any of it on your shelves, maybe you should stop at the corner store and buy some. There’s simply no better nostalgia trip you can take.
    Always nostalgic for what’s best in our healthy history,
    William Campbell Douglass II, MD

My Mood
    Lurking

SPAM - contraction for spiced ham, lol.

Nice you also took care of some spamming problems in the signature section. Too many people want to steer traffic away from forum.

Newbie Streaker

Any talk of spam is not complete without a ref to Monty Python SPAM SPAM SPAM ... youtube if you do not know what I mean. Cannot post link myself

Quote Originally Posted by genleemb View Post
    Cannot post link myself

See, we just stopped you from spamming

pokerpiglet

i remember those days spam and eggs for breakfast
    lol im new but my spam days are long gone

Mine too pokerpiglet - way too much sodium for this old broad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast