What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Get Healthy Together!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

judyb57

Super Moderator
Hey Streakers, how many of you are on a mission to get healthier? How many of you would like to be? They always say it is easier to do if you have others you can talk to about it. Well, I have many many many health issues and I am going to prove all these doctors wrong! So come and join me and lets talk about the ups and downs of dieting, exercising, eating healthy or whatever you want to discuss! Post your favorite low carb, low fat, low sodium - low anything recipes and tips you might have. How about it? Lets get healthy together!

NO talk about drugs or things like that, those diet pills are NOT the solution for anyone! If you want to share your bad experiences with them that is ok.​

sorcer3ss

Staff member
Sounds like a great idea Judy, as I have mentioned to you I need to give up smoking in order to give up some of my meds which have had some nasty side effects from long term use. We have also spoken about using a wii fit to help out with exercise, I had been given one for Christmas and planned to start using it straight away, but unfortunately, my house was flooded and I lost it, I should be getting a replacement over the next few weeks. We did have a thread going about what people thought about using the wii fit, but if anyone else has any input it would be great.

Aleastorm

Pro Streaker
alright miss judy,i started getting things done last year after doctor vist.i have quite smoking all on my own did not want any drugs so did it my way.lost 35 pounds i am 5 2 and i weigh 105 now.i use a machine to work out each and every day so i have toned up.i love that you did this miss judy i can always use a friend for workouts and stuff.i put doctor into shock when he saw me lamo he was amazed at me.i told him i was going to do it all and i did.my daughter told him that i am very stubbon and will do just what i want and wont stop til i get what i wanti will help if anyone ask me too.i can tell u what worked for me but in the end its really what you want to do that will work for you.i put something i really wanted at the end of each mile stone.but the at the end should be something that you really want to get in order to make it work.i love you guys and will help and you can help me with your wonderful humor and company.hug's alea

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Great idea Judy!! I have been on Weight Watchers for a few months now, losing weight very slowly but at least I have changed my eating habits and am eating more healthy now! :yes

judyb57

Super Moderator
I thought about Weight Watchers, but I have too many diet restrictions right now. So am pretty much doing it alone.

Aleastorm

Pro Streaker
alright miss judy,i started getting things done last year after doctor vist.i have quite smoking all on my own did not want any drugs so did it my way.lost 35 pounds i am 5 2 and i weigh 105 now.i use a machine to work out each and every day so i have toned up.i love that you did this miss judy i can always use a friend for workouts and stuff.i put doctor into shock when he saw me lamo he was amazed at me.i told him i was going to do it all and i did.my daughter told him that i am very stubbon and will do just what i want and wont stop til i get what i wanti will help if anyone ask me too.i can tell u what worked for me but in the end its really what you want to do that will work for you.i put something i really wanted at the end of each mile stone.but the at the end should be something that you really want to get in order to make it work.i love you guys and will help and you can help me with your wonderful humor and company.hug's alea

judyb57

Super Moderator
I agree Alea, it has to be something you really want to do whether it is quitting smoking, losing weight or anything else or it won't work for you.

judyb57

Super Moderator
I bought a Kitchen Aid stand mixer about three years ago and love it. I use it all the time. About two years ago I bought the grinder attachment. I put it up and totally forgot about it (never used it once). The other day one of my sisters and I were talking about how hamburger was so expensive these days and how she saw a thing on tv talking about all the stuff they put in ground beef anymore. Horrible things. She said they grind their own ground beef now, never buy pre-ground meat. Well, I thought that was the best way to control what you put in there and how much fat and everything. Today I pulled out the grinder and hooked it to the machine. I had some lean beef chunks for stew that I had bought on sale a while back and stuck in the freezer. Thawed that out and ran it through first the coarse grind blade and then the finer grind blade. Fried it up and YUMMMMMM!!! The is the best and most healthy burger I have had for years!!! No more store bough ground beef for me!!!

Aleastorm

Pro Streaker
thats great miss judy.i bought one of those pop up clowns you know the kind the kids punch and they pop back up so you can hit them again.i have a whole work out i made up for this.and whenever i am mad about some thing i beat that clown down and then i take a shower and i feel great after.try it buy one and make up your own work out include kicks in it.watch the weight you will lose and see some toning of everything.hug's alea

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
thats great miss judy.i bought one of those pop up clowns you know the kind the kids punch and they pop back up so you can hit them again.i have a whole work out i made up for this.and whenever i am mad about some thing i beat that clown down and then i take a shower and i feel great after.try it buy one and make up your own work out include kicks in it.watch the weight you will lose and see some toning of everything.hug's alea
Haha Alea I use to love those things!!

Judy I didnt know they had a grinder attachment for the kitchen aid! I will have to check that out! :flwrdnc

sorcer3ss

Staff member
That was a great idea Judy, you know exactly what is going into your hamburger meat, means no additives like sodium that you need to watch out for.

judyb57

Super Moderator
Been getting outside and walking every day (whether I feel like it or not, lol) The weather has been holding out for me pretty good. I did get rained on lightly yesterday but still felt good!

Iamagambler

Lifetime Streaker
Didn't get called back to work!! Bummer! So, I told hubby I am going to join Snap Fitness....told him it was great "inves tment" Don't ya think?????:rainHe ask's me.... A good investment??? Yeah! Might live for another 10 yrs....Well, H@ll yeah honey...Go join!! Men!!! :lol

Last edited:

judyb57

Super Moderator
Is that a gym? :think

So sorry about the work situation, it is really rough these days.

weesie

Lifetime Streaker
Sooooooooooo, How's it working for you all????? Everyone getting beautimus?????

judyb57

Super Moderator
I am doing great! Eating pretty good and trying to get my exercise in!!! I have to make a few minor adjustments but all in all doing pretty good!!!

Never going to be skinny mini, and dont care, lol. My health is improving a lot though. I have been on powerful blood pressure meds since I was a young teen. Eating right and keeping sodium down I have been off all BP meds for over 2 months!!!!

Last edited: