What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Markup of Barney Frank's bill to take place next Tuesday

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
The House Committee on Financial Services has announced that a markup of Barney Frank’s bill to license and regulate egaming in the US will take place next Tuesday 27 July.

Michael Waxman, spokesperson for lobby group the Safe and Secure Internet Gambling Initiative, said: “This mark up demonstrates that Congress is serious about moving Chairman Frank’s bill forward and establishing a strict regulatory framework for Internet gambling activity.”

Markup by the subcommittee, involving changes and amendments to the bill following the hearings, precedes the full committee voting on whether to report the bill to the House of Representatives for consideration. If HR 2267 is not acted on by the end of 2010, it will need to be reintroduced in the new Congress in January next year.

A recent study by gambling data business H2 Gambling Capital has projected that gaming regulation in the US would create close to 32,000 jobs and up to US$57.5bn in tax revenue over five years.

The House Committee on Ways and Means in May held a hearing for Republican Congressman Jim McDermott’s companion piece of legislation to Frank’s bill, the Internet Gambling Regulation and Tax Enforcement Act of 2010 (HR 4976). McDermott’s bill would compel licensed operators to pay a 6% deposit fee to state governments, and designate 25% of federal revenue raised from regulated egaming to foster care programmes.

http://www.egrmagazine.com/news/578117/markup-of-barney-franks-bill-to-take-place-next-tuesday.thtml

Last edited:

pevangel

Lifetime Streaker
I'm with Carey fingers and toes and even eyes crossed.

Thanks for the :gdpstVixen.

pevangelfairystreakrockssss

Mouche12

Lifetime Streaker
"US$57.5bn tax revenue in 5 years" should convince them! After all, it's always about money - but I also like the idea of income spent on foster care. Sounds like a good bill, let get this ball rolling asap!

:snpy

Cash Diva

Lifetime Streaker
I too am very eager to hear how this turns out.
Let's all keep POSITIVE Streakers! :)
:gdpst
:drms:drms:drms:drms:drms:drms

Precious

Lifetime Streaker
i got everything crossed that is
posible to crosse:yes:yes:yes

thank you for the post Vixon:gdpst

streakrockssssstreakrockssss

lkvikings

Lifetime Streaker
Thanks Carey for the post. I was searching earlier today and could not find any information. Sounds like great news to me. Hell its about time!

:yes

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Thanks Carey for the post. I was searching earlier today and could not find any information. Sounds like great news to me. Hell its about time!

:yes

You are welcome, if you click the link above you can read the entire story.:hppdnc