What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michigan Senator seeking support for revised iGaming bill!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
Full Story/Source - CalvinAyre

Michigan might be back in the online gambling race after Gambling Compliance chief, Chris Krafcik, tells all that State Senator Rep. Brandt Iden is busy trying to whip up votes for a revised iGaming bill in the state.

Michigan Senator seeking support for revised iGaming billI’m on the beach, stones trying to break into my bloodstream via the soft pulp of my sissy feet. I’m knocking a yellow foam ball back and fore to a 14-year-old kid.

“Can we play poker, later?”

“I don’t know.” Said his Mum, standing a few feet away.

I made the mistake of telling the lad that I once tried to be a professional poker player. I can see that his mother doesn’t want him involved. I keep receiving facial twitches from her telling me to shut the **** up and to talk about Jesus instead.

I don’t know what to say.

His mother saves the day.

“It’s not even legal.”

“Is it?” He asks.

And at that point I am stumped.

I am sure that somewhere in a rulebook older than the bible, there will be a law that expressly prohibits playing poker for real money inside a tent in Tenby with a 14-year-old boy.

But if there is a law, it’s stupid and deserves to be ignored.

And it’s not only bad influencers in Tenby who ignore such laws.

Back in 2017, Rep. Senator Brandt Iden told CardPlayer Magazine that during a discussion with some Michigan college kids about online gambling, they said they played online poker within the state and were shocked when Brandt told them they were breaking the law.

The ignorance of those college kids tells you all you need to know about the sensibility of the legislation.

Iden wants a change.