What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Mom's 100 Year Old Valentines!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

labell

Lifetime Streaker
Happy Valentines Day everyone. I remember posting some of these last year, and thought you all might like to see them again. These are from about 100 years ago as my Mom is 90 and some are older than her! She said they'd use pencil to sign them so they could be reused! The beginnings of recycling lol.... Enjoy....

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
wow, those are so beautiful, thanks for sharing labell!
:val4

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Labell those are amazing!!!! So beautiful!:val:val3

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
So pretty I love that kind of stuff and yes they tried to save and reuse everything during the great depression and war time. We are so wasteful now!

judyb57

Super Moderator
Those are so beautiful, and yes vixen I agree 100%. we are so wasteful, if something breaks people through it away rather than recyle, reuse or repair.

labell

Lifetime Streaker
Our Goodwill stores have a "last chance" store - literally anything they didn't or couldn't sell in the stores ends up in these bins... two days in the bins and then to the landfill.... the hamburger toys - my heavens you have no idea how many kids' meal toys end up in the landfill, it would turn your stomach.. brand new things - so much as to be unbelievable. They do take all books and clothing to be shipped overseas - and some goes to be recycled for paper. But the everyday items that no one wants is disgustingly amazing.

If you haven't ever looked in your home town for Freecycle and Cheapcycle, take a few minutes online and see if you have them. We do and they are great.... these are people who have things that they don't want to send out in the garbage, cheapcycle can charge a few bucks, free cycle is just that free... you post your offering and others email to ask for it... Its a really neat way to share.