What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh heck more snow!!!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

labell

Lifetime Streaker
it's 34 here and petty nice, but we're all about to get blasted... Kroger's was crazy yesterday - very little oj left, only 3 gallons of milk - and everyone running around like chickens without their heads - but I got a gorgeous sirloin tip roast, a nice ham, country ribs to bbq and chicken to fry lol not gonna starve unless we lose the power ;)

I've got the power broom pulled out and ready to go lol

weather service was saying 1 inch, now it's saying 12 inches of snow ;)

Good luck to everyone in the path of the nor'easter!

sorcer3ss

Staff member
Oh dear that doesn't sound good, and I got my air conditioner installed yesterday GG22GG22GG22

labell

Lifetime Streaker
lol sorcer3ss extreme temps are bad everywhere aren't they - glad you're ready for the hot weather to come ;)

it's 10:30 am here and the sleet has started... they've changed the amounts AGAIN! and we're not in the path to get the worst of it!
Today: Snow and freezing rain before noon, then rain and snow between noon and 4pm, then snow after 4pm. High near 34. East wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow. Low around 25. Blustery, with a northeast wind between 17 and 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow, mainly before 1pm. High near 26. Blustery, with a north wind between 15 and 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

good luck all you on the east coast!

Last edited:

labell

Lifetime Streaker
omg they've changed it in the last 45 minutes lol

Today: Snow before 2pm, then rain and snow. High near 33. East wind between 14 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow. Low around 25. Blustery, with a east wind between 18 and 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow, mainly before 1pm. High near 26. Blustery, with a north wind between 15 and 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

judyb57

Super Moderator
Sorry to hear that, it is supposed to be 60 degrees here in Portland today. Take care

eishagirl

Lifetime Streaker
thinkt hats bad, they calling for 12-20 inches here where i'm at, and heard it certain conditions, it could reach up to 40 inches!

if that wasn't bad enough, there is supposed to be another storm hitting tuesday bigger than this one i hear! geeze! we just got 30 inches this past december, and by the time that melted, we got hit about 1 1/2 weeks ago with about 8 inches, thats still on the ground getting covered right now by this storm!

its been quite enough now.

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
Hey B.! The food you bought sounds yummy!!!

I Could Never live where it snows! I'm bad, it took me like 3 trips to Lake Tahoe before I realized the lake and ski's! Too busy sipping cappachinos and doubling down at B.J.

It's RAINING here! I have 3 tickets to see a cpl. bands tonight! Now I have to re-think my dress. << Yes sometimes I am that shallow!

Just remember, there is nothing wrong with our planet. No global warming, no holes in the ozone and we have enough EVERYTHING to get us by! Ya.... RIGHT!

XOXOX
Liz

labell

Lifetime Streaker
lol eisha I'll count my blessings then, at least we're supposed to max out at 15

lizz you're so great...I'm gonna cook a lot this weekend as my nice win from last week is stalled in accounting and they don't process withdrawals on the weekend.... grrrr

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
I love to cook as well!!! LoL your money is lost over the Bermuda Triangle, and what with the weather and all.... :thumbsup

:hit

XOXOXOX

lkvikings

Lifetime Streaker
I am in the 18" to 24" band and loving every minute of it. I LOVE snow! The only bad thing about this storm is the high winds we are suppose to get tonight and tomorrow. What was nice is it didn't start snowing until I got home from work and with the weekend here I can stay put and have a nice relaxing weekend... and maybe clean a little...or maybe not.
:tongueout

judyb57

Super Moderator
Yeah, I love the look of the new snow but really hate driving in the snow. You are right that it is great it is the weekend and you can curl up and enjoy it better!

lkvikings

Lifetime Streaker
Final snow total is 27" here (over 2 feet). Thank god that I have wonderful neighbors that have snow blowers and cleared my driveway. I have one that my STBX left behind but don't know how to use it and I don't know if it even works. Its really beautiful and calm. We are expecting another potential big one on Wed. wow what a winter on the east coast!

labell

Lifetime Streaker
I don't mind driving in it, but scared of falling - i do love seeing the fresh snow, and enjoy watching my lab romp in it... I'm glad it waited for you to get home from work - we have nice neighbors too. Not sure how much fell, but it was a lot lol shame it can't just snow on the grass and leave the roads and sidewalks bare ;)

Mouche12

Lifetime Streaker
No more snow in Amsterdam -- not too cold here, but very foggy, which I like - it gives me a fairy tale-like feeling... but then again, I am only cycling or walking, so no risk involved for me.

Take care all, whether it is icy cold or steamy hot!

:)HG

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
It's got to be georgous - and watching the dog romp awww!

Does your family ski? Are you from Ohio and have you lived anywhere else?

Is your daughter easy to cook for??

Judy, I would have big trouble driving. OMG!

:proud

labell

Lifetime Streaker
I never skiied but my brother did and we're in a hilly part of the state, so we actually have some ski slopes within a 90 minute drive...

It really is gorgeous, and this snow is unusual in that it blew and was wet so each limb has snow stuck to it - very fairy tale looking... I live in a nice sized city, only 1/2 block from a main street so there's really no problem driving... although there was an accident today were the guy hit ice and went airborn into the top of a tree!

The lab loves the snow - only problem is she loses the boundaries formed by the driveway and sidewalks... can't tell her to stay on the grass when it's all covered with snow lol

mouche that sounds beautiful! We were temperate with fog last week, but still have a few more weeks of Winter... I understand another storm is coming on Monday -

Yes my daughter is pretty good about eating... when she was in daycare they had a one bite "rule" - gently enforced with encouragement from the other kids... one day in the grocery I caught her putting cans of peas in our car! lol turned out she loved them....

loufreekc

Lifetime Streaker
Final snow total is 27" here (over 2 feet).
lkvikings what state, if u dont mind me asking, 2 feet im screwed getting round in 6 inches , i cant even imagine 2 feet. :shucks labell, how much snow did u get, here in mo. they talked about it all weekend , we got a dusting :woohoo