What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robin Williams dead at 63

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

judyb57

Super Moderator
Robin Williams, the comedian and Academy Award-winning actor who imbued his performances with wild inventiveness and a kind of manic energy, died on Monday at his home in Marin County, Calif. He was 63.

The county sheriff’s office said in a statement that it “suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia.” An investigation was under way.

The statement said that the office received a 911 call at 11:55 a.m. Pacific time, saying that a man had been found “unconscious and not breathing inside his residence.” Emergency personnel sent to the scene identified him as Mr. Williams and pronounced him dead at 12:02 p.m.

Mr. Williams’s publicist, Mara Buxbaum, said in a statement that Mr. Williams “has been battling severe depression.”

His wife, Susan Schneider, said in a statement, “This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings.” She added: “As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin’s death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions.”................

Source (Read rest of the story)

judyb57

Super Moderator
I saw it on a friends Facebook, then I started looking around and lots of people were talking about it. The man was only 63 years old.

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Sick as a dog over this. He was a comedic genius. Just goes to show, you never know what someone is battling on the inside regardless of what appears on the outside.

NothingBetter

Newbie Streaker
So important goes to show that all the money in the world won't cure depression. It won't heal your heart, it won't bring you peace. I think this is very relevant here.

judyb57

Super Moderator
You are so right, money will not buy happiness or keep someone from being so depressed!