What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Have Their Thanksgiving Meal Planned?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

judyb57

Super Moderator
Would love to hear your menus and what you will be doing on Thanksgiving if you celebrate! :trk

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
I'm still hoping for someone to invite us over, lol
if not i'll have to cook.
I always make the same traditional meal

turkey, mash potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes and of course pumpkin pies!!!

:trk

Aleastorm

Pro Streaker
i am making a turkey a ham,macroni and meatballs,wedding soup,pizza greens,roni rolls .pizza,garden salad,antipasta salad,mashed potatos,corn,olive salad,gravy,garlic buns,double double chocolate cake,pumpkin pies,roast chicken.there will be pepsi root beer,coffee, tea,juices,water,milk ,wine,beer.and a few other things. lots of people coming.hope everyone has a safe and happy thanksgiving,god bless you all and keep you all safe and healthy.hugs alea

offrdmom

Junior Streaker
i am making a turkey a ham,macroni and meatballs,wedding soup,pizza greens,roni rolls .pizza,garden salad,antipasta salad,mashed potatos,corn,olive salad,gravy,garlic buns,double double chocolate cake,pumpkin pies,roast chicken.there will be pepsi root beer,coffee, tea,juices,water,milk ,wine,beer.and a few other things. lots of people coming.hope everyone has a safe and happy thanksgiving,god bless you all and keep you all safe and healthy.hugs alea

Yummy are you in Texas??

It's on my sister who just happens to be visiting from Cali...deep fried turkey,sweet potatoes,stuffing,gravy,cranberry walnut salad,rolls there may be more I taking the appetizers surf and turf bacon wraps with sweet and spicy mango chutney...mmmm :turkeyday

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
I will be making the usual Thanksgiving dinner that I have made every year since as far back as I can remember!

Appetizers will be pepperoni, dry sausage, fresh mozzerella, provolone cheese, black and green olives, red peppers, prosciutto bread.

Main course is Turkey, sausage bread stuffing, stuffed mushrooms, mashed potatoes, stuffed artichokes, sweet potato pie, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, waldorf salad.

Then for dessert we have ambrosia, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, italian cookies.

I gain about 5 pounds on this day! :think

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
That sounds good Carey!

I would love to come to your son's house Judy, lol

I really dont want to cook, my hearts not in it this year.
maybe after i read all things everyone else is making, i might get in the spirit

:trk

judyb57

Super Moderator
I am glad I do not have to do much for the dinner, just dinner rolls, pumpkin and apple pie and ambrosia salad.

queenmap

Lifetime Streaker
Nothing planned so far this year. Everyone in the family spreads out between significant others families usually. Christmas is the time of year where we pig out. Everyones menus so far sound so darn good makes me drool. :beers

ashtok119

Social Networking Mod
thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year! i LOVE food!! TK:) last year i went out the night before with friends so i was extremely hungover on thanksgiving and didn't eat a single thing. i will NEVER do that again! lol.. i'm excited we are going to my grandparent's house this year for dinner, i love everything my grandma makes! :)

Last edited:

sorcer3ss

Staff member
You are so right Ash, nothing beats your grandmother's cooking, mine made the best soup and she was an adventurous cook too for those days, I remember her making things like dim sims, and we are talking 50 years ago now! Oh my God that's half a century. I really enjoyed reading what everyone is having for Thanksgiving, it makes me sad that we don't celebrate something like that, although I suppose Australia Day is a bit like that, but if celebrated it is usually only a barbeque. I am intrigued by some of the food though, what is a green been casserole? Judy we have surf and turf steaks here sometimes, which is usually a steak with seafood, can't remember if it is stuffed or just served on the side.

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Anne, there are many different recipes for it, here is a good one...

Homemade Green Bean Casserole

Classic Green Bean Casserole
Serves 10 to 12. Adapted from Cook’s Illustrated

The components of the casserole can be prepared ahead of time. Combine the beans and cooled sauce in a baking dish, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. To serve, remove the plastic wrap and heat the casserole in a 425-degree oven for 10 minutes, then add the topping and bake as directed. This recipe can be halved and baked in a 2-quart (or 8-inch-square) baking dish. If making a half batch, reduce the cooking time of the sauce in step 3 to about 6 minutes (1 3/4 cups) and the baking time in step 4 to 10 minutes.

Ingredients:
Topping
3 cups frizzled onions

Beans and Sauce
Table salt
2 pounds green beans , ends trimmed, and halved
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 pound white button mushrooms , stems trimmed, wiped clean, and broken into 1/2-inch pieces
3 medium cloves garlic , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1 tablespoon)
Ground black pepper
3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 cups heavy cream

Instructions:
* FOR THE TOPPING: Prepare the frizzled onions. Transfer to plate lined with paper towels; set aside.
* FOR THE BEANS AND SAUCE: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees. Fill large bowl with ice water. Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large Dutch oven. Add 2 tablespoons salt and beans. Cook beans until bright green and crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain beans in colander and plunge immediately into ice water to stop cooking. Spread beans on paper-towel-lined baking sheet to drain.
* Add butter to now-empty Dutch oven and melt over medium-high heat until foaming subsides. Add mushrooms, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook until mushrooms release moisture and liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes. Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and bring to simmer, stirring constantly. Add cream, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until sauce is thickened and reduced to 3 1/2 cups, about 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
* Add green beans to sauce and stir until evenly coated. Arrange in even layer in 3-quart (or 13 by 9-inch) baking dish. Sprinkle with topping and bake until top is golden brown and sauce is bubbling around edges, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
That looks great Carey, we never have thanksgiving without green bean casserole.
But mine never looks like that, lol

TK:)

judyb57

Super Moderator
I made green bean casserole once and it sucked. I think it would turn out if I used this recipe :think

sorcer3ss

Staff member
Thanks Carey, I might try that, I have never come across anything like that before.

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
Sorry your not in the spirt Dani I am happy that I am not home alone and can go to my family's I guess but X-Mas was going to be my worst year since I lost my husband 6 yrs ago because all my kids but 1 are gone from home!! I feel so damn old when I know I am not...lol BUT my son who is fresh in the Navy called and said he will be here for 2 wks so now I am very excited maybe I will even get a tree this yr :think

This is what I am making to bring to my Brothers...

RumChata Cheesecake

Ingredients

15 graham crackers, crushed
2 tbs butter, melted
32 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup RumChata
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tbs vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 9" spring form pan. In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of the pan. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Slowly blend in RumChata and eggs. Mix in sour cream, vanilla, and flour until smooth. Pour filling over prepared crust. Bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours to prevent cracking. Chill in the refrigerator until serving. Top with dollops of glazed strawberries or cherry pie filling to finish, if desired.