What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Get Healthy Together!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
So much for being healthy. I'm sitting here clogging my arteries with a bag of white castle sliders. I should know better but I love these dam things.

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
LMAOOO White Castle is the best!!! But yes it will destroy your body! :ohboy

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member

California Veggie Sandwich

Ingredients:
1/4 red onion
Red-wine vinegar
2 slices multigrain bread
Fresh goat cheese
Thinly sliced cucumber
Alfalfa sprouts
Sliced avocado
Carrot, grated
Radish, grated

Instructions:

Sprinkle onion slices with a few dashes red-wine vinegar; let sit 10 minutes. Lightly toast bread. Spread 1 slice with goat cheese and layer with cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, onions, avocado, and grated carrot and radish. Top with other slice bread.

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
I am trying to eat healthier but its sooo hard to do. I can choke down yogurt and some other things but some of that stuff taste awful. I am eating a lot more salads but after I smother them with blue cheese dressing and croutons I am probably defeating the purpose.

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Haha sounds like me!! I only like salad if I can put a cup or two of Blue Cheese dressing on it!! :ohboy

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
Had my salad tonight Carey. I did skip the croutons to make it a little healthier, however I didn't skip the half bottle of blue cheese.

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
I have found a healthier way of eating that I may be able to deal with. Its called the paleo diet. I can eat all kinds of stuff. According to that diet the hunters and farmers have had it right all along. The grow it or shoot it diet. I can do that.

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
I have found a healthier way of eating that I may be able to deal with. Its called the paleo diet. I can eat all kinds of stuff. According to that diet the hunters and farmers have had it right all along. The grow it or shoot it diet. I can do that.
Yes I have heard of that and its becoming quite popular!

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
Well, I am beginning to have second thoughts about my paleo diet. At first I thought what a great plan. I can eat bacon and eggs and fry my bologna in lard. What can go wrong? Last night I decided to have me a bacon topped burger with a side of fries. So I checked the diet and it said the only potatoes I could have were yams. I figured well sweet potato fries are not my favorite but I guess I can live with that. Then I discovered that I can not have bread. I hate wheat bread but I like rye so I just figured I could have that. Nope. No wheat, no rye, not even pumpernickel. That's when things got worse. No ketchup. No ketchup? Why not just take away sunshine and puppy dogs? Can you even imagine a world without ketchup? I checked a little further and sugar is also off the menu. Not even the fake stuff. No payday candy bars? No snickers? No chocolate cake? Well I guess the cake doesn't matter because I'm not allowed milk either. Not even that water flavored milk they give my kid at school. This isn't working out so well

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Oh well sorry twobears but I guess the Paleo diet is out then! :ohboy

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
I should have known there would be a catch. I guess I will just have to learn to eat things I don't like.

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
I guess I will start using the nutri-bullet again. Fill up mostly on stuff that's good for you and doesn't put on weight. The great thing about it is that you can put in things like kale and other raw veggies then throw something in to give it a better flavor. I usually use strawberries because they have so much flavor that they over power everything else. That's really the secret to V-8 juice. They put in a bunch of stuff that would not taste good together but then they put in enough tomato and tabasco to over power everything else.

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
I used to juice all the time. I would make a juice of romaine lettuce, apples, kale, cucumber and carrot. It wasn't bad once you got used to it.

jumboscampi

Pro Streaker
OK, I got on the scale a few weeks ago and realized that I had gained about 30 lbs this year and went on a diet and started exercising. Since then, I have lost about 11 lbs and counting. I don't know how I let it get out of hand like that.

For the record, I have always weighed around 110 lbs and I am about 5' 2" and gained a little bit more over the last couple of years. I was at around 125 lbs for the longest time but when I hit 155 lbs, that was all she wrote. DIET AND EXERCISE TIME MY FRIENDS!!!!!

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Congrats on the weight loss Leslie! I am in the same boat, slowly gained the past few years. Went on a diet in April of this year, have lost 28 so far, much more to go!!

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
Blueberries, oranges, bananas, apples, kiwis, grapes, strawberries, and papayas — take your pick and take a bite, because these fruits are superfoods for your health. Those are supposedly the healthiest fruits. Good news for me is I like all of them except kiwi.