What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MINNESOTA LOTTERY FIRST TO OFFER ONLINE SCRATCH-OFF INSTANT WIN TICKETS

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
The Minnesota Lottery is spicing up its product line via this week’s launch of online scratch-off instant-win tickets, which function much like online slot machines. The Spicy 7’s game is an online version of an existing tic-tac-toe-style scratch-off ticket available in stores, but its launch marks the first state lottery in the US to begin offering instant win games of this sort online. Illinois became the first state to sell lottery tickets online in March 2012 after the Department of Justice decided in Dec. 2011 the Wire Act applied only to Sports Betting. Last month, Illinois launched a mobile app that allows customers to purchase tickets and check winning numbers.

The Spicy 7’s online game is only available in Minnesota, but state visitors may also avail themselves of the online entertainment. Online players are limited to a maximum weekly spend of $50. The Lottery launched the product without great fanfare, due to what executive director Ed Van Petten said was an abundance of caution, wanting to make sure there were no technical glitches before opening the floodgates.

Even now, there’s no mention of the product on the Lottery website’s home page and the actual game is buried several layers deep. Van Petten told the West Central Tribune that the product was “working perfectly” and had sold 964 $1 tickets on its first day of availability. The Lottery plans to introduce several similar games in coming months.

The Lottery decided to offer the online scratch-offs in a bid to lower the median age of the average Lottery player. Sales fell 2.8% in 2013 and the number of non-geriatric Lottery players has halved over the last decade. Van Petten said the Lottery “definitely don’t want” to see online sales outstrip retail sales “but we would like to initiate more contact with more individuals on the internet.”

Read entire article here.

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
I think this is a very cool idea!!

Thanks for posting Carey

:bravo

twin3x

Newbie Streaker
YEAHHHH! I am a Minnesotan so weeeeeee 4 me! :)
& thanks for the info! (i knew it was coming, just not that it had started!)

.... and now if only we could get on the medical mary-jo bus,... throw in a day or two of warmer weather, and then this state would actually be a top notch place to live! lol! :)
:slotdude :thumsup :snpy

judyb57

Super Moderator
Well crap, I used to live there, that should count, lol. Washington has legalized marijuana but thinks gambling is HORRIBLE huhhwtff

Joy Figueroa

Newbie Streaker
What are the odds of winning the UK euromillion lottery?

Actually, very low. You can see it as a one in a million and you need to be the luckiest of all in order to win something considerable in such big jackpot games like Euromillions.