What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Hassles with Netspend and Pay O Matic

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Luck3Sevens

Lifetime Streaker
Wow, have I had a nightmare 24 hours dealing with Netspend and Pay O Matic.

1. Tried to get card balance at ATM and received blank, just a period where amount should be.
2. Teller told me she could not get the balance for me.
3. Tried a fake withdrawal to get card balance, received blank info again.
4. Made to fill out Western Union form to load card.
5. Loaded card at a new cost of $3.95!!
6. Had to sign receipt and received a stack of papers relating to the load but NO CARD BALANCE STILL!
7. Tried to deposit at Inet.
8. Learned I was charged for the ATM inquiries $1.50
9. Waited until a.m. to call Netspend customer service.
10. Received courtesty $1.50 refunded.
11. Went to purchase at Inet. Transaction failed again.
12. Called up Netspend, learned I can no longer go over my balance. I used to be able to go to negative $9.
13. New Overdraft protection must be applied (and probably paid) for.
14. Hung up on operator.
15. Received a 50 cent inquiry charge for the phone call.

Is Pay O Matic punishing us for not using their crappy card? I tried their card but it was too much fees, I could ONLY load it at a Pay O Matic, it was not accepted at as many places and I could not exceed my balance like Netspend USED to let me do. At other check cash places everything is still the same and the load fee is $2.

:chaingun123

I wrote this to the Netspend "Feedback" section.
I have had my Netspend card for several years and have never been more disgusted by recent events. Somehow Western Union is now involved with reloading cards at Pay O Matic. In order to put money on my card I now have to fill out a form and the load fee has almost doubled from $2 to $3.95. But more dissapointing is that Netspend will no longer allow me to exceed my balance. Now I have to apply for overdraft protection. And I was NEVER informed of this, I was left to discover this when I tried to make a purchase. Everytime another company tried to get me to sign up for their card I would sing the praises of Netpend, including the fact the I could go over my balance. Although it was reimbursed, I also received a 50 cent charge for an ATM inquiry which I never had before. So now I have more fees, more hassles and less benefits to owning a Netspend card. I think I will look into getting that card that Russell Simmons offers.
:grr

sea77

Senior Streaker
Better they tell you about the overdraft than not tell you and then 4 yrs later when you buy a card for 3.95 and load it with 100.00 dollars they wont let you activate it because 4 yrs ago you had an overdraft of $4.77 and because of this you cant have a card with them although you bought a card adn they still have your 100.00 and they tell you that they will close the newly purchased account and send you back your money in 20 days minus a 5.95 processing fee....to which I said BULLS*#$. I went back to the store I got it from ( I know them well) they called in as a merchant had the transaction canceled and refunded me my full amount plus purchase price and told Netspend they are officially on warning....the company is pretty huge in NY its called Tops Markets and they dont play with there loyal customers ;)

judyb57

Super Moderator
All of the banks are now making you get overdraft protection or not allowing it.

sea77

Senior Streaker
Hey Judy. Is there any card besides NetSpend or WP that can be used to load QT?

judyb57

Super Moderator
My own bank card works, I have US Bank but I use it and Netspend is all so maybe others can help.

Luck3Sevens

Lifetime Streaker
More good and bad news. Netspend actually called me on the phone after receiving my email! They told me I still have my $10 overdraft buffer and to try the transaction again.

My $10 transaction failed at Inet, so it looks like I can't use my Netspend card at Inet anymore!

omg