What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Mom's a FIGHTER, but....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
Some Streak prayers and good vibes would really help about now.

She's been doing P.T. at home and one leg has been weaker than the other, and she complains of pain, not too much until a few days ago. Her left knee what almost the size of a grapefruit!

We went to the Dr. today and he thinks she has a fracture!!!

I told you guys that when she came home a few months ago that the facility she was in dropped her, they did damage!! We're thinking it could have been slight when she was released and gotten to this point, getting in and out of bed (with help) and trying to build her legs with therapy.

She sees the Ortho Dr. on Tuesday, will know more then. All I can do is put an ice pack, give her her pain meds and try not to move her too much. Hard to do when she needs to be changed or dressed!!!

I told her I would ask you guys for this and she said ty and again what a really nice group of friends you are!

So, thanks from me and Virginia!

Kind Love
Liz
XoXoX

pevangel

Lifetime Streaker
dear calizzz, i am so so sorry, your mom and you are in my prayers. god bless your mom and you.

pevangel

judyb57

Super Moderator
How awful! Your poor mom, she has gone through so much already. Hugs, hopes and prayers for her! :hug

Spin2Win

Lifetime Streaker
Most definately Your Mom is in my thoughts & prayers. She's a tough woman for sure Liz! My love to you all :hug

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Keeping Virginia in my prayers Lizzie!!

Hope you and mom have a wonderful Mothers Day!:hug

sorcer3ss

Staff member
Sorry to hear that your mum looks like having got a fracture, will keep her and you in my thoughts and prayers.

cas1944

Lifetime Streaker
You and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers. She sure has been through a lot.
:hugFor Virginia :hug

:hugFor you :hug

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
Thanks everyone!!

Yep, they put a cast on, she has a fracture on her left knee. This had to happen when she was mis-treated at the last care facility she was in!! BASTARDS. We are getting her medical records from them, I have the pic's and the attorney will go ahead and file!!

On the good side, (cause she's NOT a candidate for surgery) at least her knee replacements are still alright!

And...

She got a green cast, her favorite color!

Keep on my friends,
Kind love
Liz
XoX

judyb57

Super Moderator
Glad to hear something is being done about this. Unfortunately, this is something that happens way too often and is not caught enough, or they are not made to stand up to their shortfalls at these places.

lucky639

Lifetime Streaker
Wow Liz, You're mom has sure been through a lot! She is definitely one tough cookie. I see where you get it from :)

moslowjj

Lifetime Streaker
Your Mom has been through alot and if that place did this to her they would have to worry more about me than the lawsuit that would be filed. She is lucky to have a daughter like you to take care of her!! She is in my prayers liz and you also to have the strength to keep up with all it takes to keep her as comfortable as possible... mos....

:hug:hug

PIXIEW

Lifetime Streaker
HEY LIZZ - TELL YOUR MOM TO KEEP BEING THE FIGHTER SHE IS NEVER EVER GIVE UP AND THE SAME GOES FOR YOU ITS JUST AS HARD REALLY ON THE LOVED ONES CARING FOR THERE MOMS AND ANY OTHER FAMILY MEMBER SO I WIL SAY AND KEEP SAYING SPECIAL PRAYERS FOR YOU BOTH ! AND TO THOSE "BASTARDS " I BELIEVE WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND SO HOPEFULLY THEY GET THERES REAL SOON I LIVE BY THE OLD PHRASE HONEST DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD WANT DONE TO YOU LIFE IS TO SHORT I DO KNOW THAT FIRST HAND BUT ENOUGH ON THAT FOR THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME!!!!!!! ITS ABOUT YOU AND YOUR MOM GOD BLESS BOTH OF YOU AND I AM ASKING FOR A ANGEL TO COME TO EACH ONE OF YOUR SHOULDERS TO RIDE ALONG AND LOOK AFTER YOU BOTH HOPE THATS OK ALL THE BEST 2 YOU BOTH:angel

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
I hear and feel ya JJ!! I mean her p.t. who's in his late 30's (has taught me more than any Dr. nurse or any p.t. she's had in the past. He had tears running down his face between the photos and the set-backs she's now facing. Said he feels like he's visiting family when he comes, he's grown that close to my MoM!!!!

My Brother Paul, I don't know what wrong with him- he used to be my HERO!! His wife of 30 yrs. has sucked the life outta him and he doesn't give a damn about anything!!! His heart has turned BLACK! Didn't say he was leaving last Sunday, grunted a few yes and no's and didn't even say goodbye to his mom- never mind me!

PIXIEW- that was very kind of you. I tell her these things daily.

I'm calling her worthlees M.D. tomorrow to demand she is X-ray'd from head to toe on her left side, where they had there sick fun with her. X ray or a CT scan!!

I'm also getting a referal to a counsler or shrink, her fear of moving in and out of bed and the though of the wheel chair scares her to the point of total fear and tremors.. I sit here shaking my head.

I do tell her all you guys are praying and asking about her- she's said- in the past- "you can be closer to someone you don't see all the time or face to face then someone you do or even live with" That was when I asked her yrs. ago if she thought it strange to have FRIENDS I've never met in person.

Thanks guys and all good things,
Liz
XoX

Last edited:

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
You mom sounds awesome ! I hope she gets better fast and its just like you to find the postiive when things arent so great :hug

PIXIEW

Lifetime Streaker
I hear and feel ya JJ!! I mean her p.t. who's in his late 30's (has taught me more than any Dr. nurse or any p.t. she's had in the past. He had tears running down his face between the photos and the set-backs she's now facing. Said he feels like he's visiting family when he comes, he's grown that close to my MoM!!!!

My Brother Paul, I don't know what wrong with him- he used to be my HERO!! His wife of 30 yrs. has sucked the life outta him and he doesn't give a damn about anything!!! His heart has turned BLACK! Didn't say he was leaving last Sunday, grunted a few yes and no's and didn't even say goodbye to his mom- never mind me!

PIXIEW- that was very kind of you. I tell her these things daily.

I'm calling her worthlees M.D. tomorrow to demand she is X-ray'd from head to toe on her left side, where they had there sick fun with her. X ray or a CT scan!!

I'm also getting a referal to a counsler or shrink, her fear of moving in and out of bed and the though of the wheel chair scares her to the point of total fear and tremors.. I sit here shaking my head.

I do tell her all you guys are praying and asking about her- she's said- in the past- "you can be closer to someone you don't see all the time or face to face then someone you do or even live with" That was when I asked her yrs. ago if she thought it strange to have FRIENDS I've never met in person.

Thanks guys and all good things,
Liz
XoX
LIZ HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING MORE OR HAS YOUR MOM GOTTEN THE XRAYS YOU WANTED JUST CHECKING YOUR IN MY DAILY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AND I HOPE THE ANGELS FOUND THERE WAYS TO BOTH YOUR SHOULDERS HAGD PIXIE

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
Thanks again everyone!!!!

PIXIEW-- The cast should come off in a couple weeks, and her kind and awesome p.t said call the minute it's off. Virginia is goiing to walk!!

XoX

Kind love, thoughts and prayers to all my STreak Buds!!!

:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

LIz

PIXIEW

Lifetime Streaker
Thanks again everyone!!!!

PIXIEW-- The cast should come off in a couple weeks, and her kind and awesome p.t said call the minute it's off. Virginia is goiing to walk!!

XoX

Kind love, thoughts and prayers to all my STreak Buds!!!

:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

LIz
YIPEE I AM SO SO HAPPY FOR U AND YOUR MOM!!!!!!!!!! I WILL STILL KEEP U BOTH IN MY PRAYERS IT NEVER HURTS ANYONE TO BE PRAYED FOR.blowhearts:hug