What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some inspiration?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

judyb57

Super Moderator
I found this on a forum I belong to (not a gambling one) I read this and thought "that is good but not that big of a deal" THEN I watched the video that goes along with it and it brought tears to my eyes and a special feeling in my heart! Please don't just read the story below and shrug it off, watch the video and hopefully you too will at least be moved and inspired a little! :eek:

=======================================

A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?'

The father who, despite having a heart condition, says 'Yes'.

They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying
'Yes' to his son's request of going through the race together.

One day, the son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together. To which, his father said 'Yes' to.

For those who didn't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride,and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island.

Father and son went on to complete the race together.

View this with music. This is priceless!

Link To Video

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Truly touching Judy!! I was crying. That was amazing!!:eek:

jobill35

Lifetime Streaker
Judy thank you so much for sharing that It was wonderful and amazing :eek::eek::eek:

Really thanks for the video! When I was reading here I thought that what are you talking about but after watching the video, the words took a great meaning.
The priceless moment was when he was finishing the race and that kid was so happy. Parents do all the things in this world for their children.

PIXIEW

Lifetime Streaker
:thank youSO MUCH FOT THAT JUDY I POSTED ON FACEBOOK~ I'VE NOT BEEN THAT MOVED FOR A LONG TIME :)HG ( TO THAT EXTENT ) :)HG

judyb57

Super Moderator
Thank you. I had forgotten about this video and just watched it again. It still brings tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat to watch it. :sunny

lisas43

Newbie Streaker
Please pray for my mom who has been fighting ovarian cancer for the last 10+ years and has been in Hospice care for the last year. She has fought so hard and so long with only a year in remission at the beginning of her journey. The cancer has metastasized to her stomach and surrounding area and now the hospice nurses are saying that it may have spread to her brain because she is also having mini strokes.

Also, my younger sister, who is only 44, was diagnosed with breast cancer four years ago, went through chemo and then had to do a second round of chemo just this past year. It has been a rough 10+ years for our whole famliy. My oldest brother passed away at the age of 42 from a massive heart attack. That was also 10 years ago. In my life, I have not really relied on God, prayer, or faith too much until now. So all the prayers that come our way is very appreciated.

Thanks,

lisas43

sorcer3ss

Staff member
Hi Lisa, so sorry no one saw your post, sheesh your poor family has had a rough time haven't they? I will most certainly keep you all in my prayers and thoughts. Please keep us up to date with what is happening, even if you aren't a believer in the power of prayer, it often helps to have people to share with. I strongly believe that a problem shared is a problem halved.

judyb57

Super Moderator
So sorry Lisa, I hope things work out for you and your family. I know how hard it is. :)HG

geica

Newbie Streaker
That was a wonderful story to read. Wish all families were like this and perfect timing for a story like this so near to fathers day 2012 !!!!

akoraka1

Banned
Yes! I saw this video not so long ago. I think that video went viral last year.

First of all, there is not measuring device that measures a fathers love. I am a father myself and I will also do this to my son. No question asked.

twobears

Lifetime Streaker