What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New software can block online gambling

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

judyb57

Super Moderator
New software can block online gambling
2 June 2009

HALIFAX, Nova Scotia -- As reported by The Chronicle Herald: "Parents now have a new weapon in the fight to keep kids from online gambling.

"The Nova Scotia Gaming Corp. has developed software that parents can install on home computers that will block access to gambling websites. The software is said to be the first of its kind in the world.

"Marie Mullally, president and CEO of the Nova Scotia Gambling Corp., said many kids, especially boys, are gambling online.

"She said a study commissioned by the corporation in 2006 found children were gambling online three times as often as adults.

"...After the study, Ms. Mullally said the corporation hired a company to develop software that would block kids' access to gambling websites.

"...BetStopper, to be launched this weekend and handed out at the We Love Our Children Expo at Exhibition Park in Halifax, was developed by an American company..."

SOURCE

C

ceks79

Maybe the goverment will force all internet providers to install this software soon so we dont need to install it on our own computers.......................................
;)

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
The US government!?! Could happen. At least until they figure out how to tax it!!! And they want to save us from ourselves or protect us from ... fill in the blanks there!

Hey ceks---

To quote the Sex Pistols-- Johnny Rotten/Lydon

I am an anti-Christ
I am an anarchist,
don't know what I want
but I know how to get it.
I wanna destroy the passer by
'cos I wanna be anarchy!!!

( I always have music running thru my head )

Cheers,
Liz
XoX