What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salads, Sides and Misc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
Chicken Salad with Grapes, Cashews, Apples and Fresh Dill

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, boiled, diced
1 cup seedless red grapes, each cut in half
1 cup salted cashews
1 small Gala apple, finely diced
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1 celery stalk, sliced or chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1/2 to 1 cup mayonnaise
Juice of 1 lime (1 to 2 tablespoons)
1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
Salt and pepper to taste

In large bowl, stir together all ingredients until well mixed, adding salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, or store in a tightly covered container for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.

This recipe is quite versatile! For a slightly different flavor, swap out the grapes, cashews and lime juice for cucumbers, sliced almonds and lemon juice. This recipe can be served immediately, or stored in a tightly covered container for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
b]Tortellini Picnic Salad[/b]

Ingredients

Original recipe makes 10 servingsChange Servings

2 (9 ounce) packages cheese tortellini
1 (8 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
3 roma tomatoes, diced
1 (6 ounce) can black olives
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 bunch green onions, sliced

Directions

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook tortellini in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until pasta floats to the surface, about 5 minutes. Drain.
Mix tortellini, feta cheese, tomatoes, olives, walnuts, green onions, and garlic together in a large bowl.
Whisk vinegar, olive oil, and basil together in a separate small bowl. Pour dressing over tortellini mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member

Sesame Chicken Salad

Ingredients

1 10 ounce package torn European-style or Italian-style salad greens
2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
1 8 3/4 ounce can whole baby corn, drained and halved crosswise
2 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup sliced radishes
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup rice vinegar or white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted*

Directions
In a large bowl combine the salad greens, chicken, baby corn, green onions, and radishes.
For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine the orange juice, vinegar, sesame oil, and pepper. Cover and shake well.

Pour dressing over greens mixture; toss gently to coat. Divide greens mixture among 6 salad bowls. Sprinkle with sesame seed. Makes 6 servings.
Note

To toast sesame seed, in a nonstick skillet cook and stir sesame seed over medium heat about 1 minute or just until golden brown. Watch closely so the seeds dont burn. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl to cool completely.

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
It is spring time - time for me to dig for good salad fixings for my diet!!

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
Grilled Asparagus & Arugula Salad with Shaved Parmesan

Ingredients

1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt or coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound fresh asparagus spears
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 cups arugula or spinach
4 ounces Parmesan cheese, cut into thin slices (curls) with a vegetable peeler

Directions
For dressing:
In jar with screw-top lid, combine the 1/4 cup oil, lemon peel and juice, the 1/2 teaspoon salt and the 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cover and shake well; set aside.
Clean and trim asparagus; coat lightly with the 2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside. Meanwhile, clean arugula or spinach and remove excess stems; dry. Set aside.
For a charcoal grill, grill asparagus crosswise on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning spears occasionally. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place asparagus crosswise on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
While asparagus is warm, toss with arugula and dressing (this will wilt the arugula). Divide among 4 dinner plates and top with Parmesan curls. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.

sorcer3ss

Staff member
It sounds really tasty, potato salad can sometimes be a bit boring especially if it is squishy. I used to make it with the baby potatoes and keep them whole with hard boiled eggs and spring onions.

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member

Ingredients
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon white wine
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup (1-inch) slices red bell pepper
1/2 cup (1-inch) slices green bell pepper
3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 English cucumber, sliced

A white wine vinaigrette lightly dresses crispy cucumber slices, bell peppers, chives, and parsley,
making Cucumber Salad a refreshing choice for a summer side salad.

jumboscampi

Pro Streaker
I make a potato salad that I am not kidding, I am begged to make every once in a while! I put crispy bacon in it along with just a little bit of the grease drippings from frying it, I add purple and sweet onion both raw and sauted, I use Miracle whip, boiled eggs, unpeeled potatoes, salt, pepper, paprika and I serve it warm. Try it you'll like it and so will they!

jumboscampi

Pro Streaker
I make a potato salad that I am not kidding, I am begged to make every once in a while! I put crispy bacon in it along with just a little bit of the grease drippings from frying it, I add purple and sweet onion both raw and sauted, I use Miracle whip, boiled eggs, unpeeled potatoes, salt, pepper, paprika and I serve it warm. Try it you'll like it and so will they!

I forgot to add the celery and mustard!!!!!

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
I love potato salad jumboscampi, thanks for the recipe, I'll give it a try!!

:chrsmnstr

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
Pizza by the Scoop Recipe

Ingredients

2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
1 package (6 ounces) Canadian bacon, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Corn chips

Directions

Spread cream cheese on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with chili sauce. Sprinkle with Canadian bacon, onion, green pepper and cheeses. Serve with chips. Yield: 14-16 servings.