What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trump may have thrown a wrench into New Jersey’s gambling share program with the EU

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
US President Donald Trump may have thrown a wrench into New Jersey’s plans to share online poker liquidity with gambling operators in European markets.

On Thursday, Trump’s tiny fingers signed yet more executive orders, including one titled Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States,
that could have significant implications for a reciprocal data privacy deal with the European Union.

Section 14 of Trump’s order states that the nation’s intelligence agencies “shall, to the extent consistent with applicable law,
ensure that their privacy policies exclude persons who are not United States citizens or lawful permanent residents from the
protections of the Privacy Act regarding personally identifiable information.”

Trump’s order appears to conflict with the provisions of the EU-US Privacy Shield, a data protection deal that took effect last year.
Much of the point of the deal was to ensure that US businesses could conduct cross-border transactions with EU firms while offering
EU customers ‘essentially equivalent’ privacy protections in the US.

Trump’s order also appears to threaten the new EU-US Umbrella Agreement, which is supposed to take effect February 1.
The Agreement extended the US Privacy Act’s data protection benefits to EU citizens, but Trump’s order has left privacy advocates fearing that
Trump doesn’t intend to honor data deals struck under President Barack Obama.

The European Commission subsequently issued a statement attempting to calm the waters, saying the Privacy Shield and Umbrella Agreement would ensure that
“EU citizens’ data is duly protected when transferred to the US.”

That said, the language in Trump’s order was sufficiently ambiguous that the EC added that it would “continue to monitor the implementation” of the two data deals and
“are following closely any changes in the US that might have an effect on European’s data protection rights.”

SOURCE-FULL STORY

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
you'd think he would have bigger things to worry about.

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
Well lets face it, Trumps 2 main issues are national security and the economy. So we will have to wait and see how it plays out. If Obama had done his job on security instead of laughing about isis and calling them the jv team we would not be in this mess now. I won't even allow my kids to go to a major theme park anymore because terroists love to attack crowded places. That's pretty sad.

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
I know twobears, i stay away from stadiums and concerts and crowded places for the same reason!! Its ridiculous we have to live in this fear!