What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WSOP to introduce shot clocks and BB ante in 2018

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
SOURCE

The World Series of Poker is the latest live tournament organizer to take speed seriously after revealing plans to introduce a shot clock and big blind ante in High Roller events at the 2018 event.
Kevin Mathers, the WSOP Social Media kingpin, announced on Twitter that in 2018 the iconic poker tournament would introduce a shot clock and big bling ante in all High Roller events.

I’m pretty sure, the people who play in these events don’t have any monkeys or cymbals inside their skulls, so you won’t hear any disgruntled noise coming from the direction of the elite.

Here are the events the new move affects:

$1m buy-in One Drop.

$50,000 buy-in No-Limit Hold’em High Roller.

$100,000 No-Limit Hold’em High Roller.

The WSOP hasn’t announced how long each player will get to take their turn (30-seconds, industry norm), and how many time banks each player receives.
Those details will come in due course.

The Big Blind Ante is when the player in the Big Blind stumps up the ante for the entire table increasing the average number of hands played per hour
because you don’t have to deal with upwards of nine players fannying around trying to find the right chip(s).

Why Only High Rollers?

So far, 888Poker is the only live tournament organizer brave enough to use the shot clock in all of their Main Event and High Roller events.
I am a champion of this move because I believe it’s the future of poker. However, I think the World Poker Tour (WPT) (introduced shot clocks near the money bubble),
and the WSOP may have the right approach.