What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Lost my Dad Today

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

LadyWyoming

Junior Streaker
Hi all today at 1:30 am my dad passed away. I did not even get to say goodbye. He lives in Arizona and i Live in Wyoming. My stepmom called at 5am to give me the bad news. Then she told me that there was no reason for me to come there cause there was not going to be a service as that was my dads wishes. so im sitting here alone needing to vent.

Gijan74

Lifetime Streaker
Oh Lady....

I´m so so sorry to hear that..How sad that you sit there..

I know excatly how you feel..My dad in law past away yesterday..

My deepest sympathy for you and your family...

LadyWyoming

Junior Streaker
Thanks so much. so Sorry to hear about your dad in law so you know what im going through. My sisters are here in the same town we spent all day together but still we should be on our way to Arizona to bury him not just sitting here with no Closure.

lucky639

Lifetime Streaker
Oh sweetie, my heart goes out to you and your family. I know it doesn't mean much now but time does heal the pain dear. Losing someone is never easy and you can vent here anytime. :hug:hug:hug

judyb57

Super Moderator
Lady, I know how hard that must be for you. Closure is very important. However there are other ways to get closure. Perhaps you and your sisters could get together and go to church and pray for you dad, light a candle or whatever you feel would help you. Just getting together with your sisters and bringing photos and other memorabilia and sharing memories with family there. Just remember all the good times with your dad and he will always be in your heart no matter where you are hon! :hug

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
I am so sorry for your loss LadyW. You are in my thoughts and prayers.:hug

Spin2Win

Lifetime Streaker
I am so very sorry for your deep loss Lady and your loss as well GIJan.

My prayers for comfort and closure for you have been said Lady.

((((( gentle hugs )))))

Duckey

Lifetime Streaker
My prayers are with you.......maybe you should have a service of your own for you dad and remember all the good times........love duckey

krazy2go

Lifetime Streaker
Lady, I remember just two short years ago I got a call from Mom in NJ about my Dad's passing and I live in Idaho. These are tough times, I won't lie to you. You will find times when you will start crying for no reason at all, let it happen to get the grief out. But let yourself laugh too when you think of the good times. And, I truly believe that you can talk to your Dad even though he has passed. I talk to my Dad all the time and know he's smiling down at me.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

LadyWyoming

Junior Streaker
Thank you all very much. 3 Years ago i lost my Stepdad he was my best friend it took a very long time to get over that. I talk to him everyday. Now losing my real dad its hard. I was so mad at him for being so far away and not getting to see him. and he could not hear on the phone very well so talking to him was hard.Anyways yes my Sisters and i wrote a obit today and got it posted in the local papers. As my Stepmom did not even want to mess with doing a obit. So we did it our selves. We are going to have a privite service as soon as the stepmother gives us some of his ashes.

MotelPrisoner

Lifetime Streaker
Awwww, I am so terribly sorry to hear that, Ladywyoming. I too, lost my Dad without getting to say goodbye. It's so sad when you don't get to tell them all the things you wanted to say. I still talk to my Dad and he has been gone for 20 years. Sometimes, I can even hear his voice in my head.

Just keep in mind that he is in a better place now and smiling down upon you. Peace be with you, Ladywyoming.

:hug

I am also sorry to hear of your loss, Gijan. It's heartbreaking when you lose someone who means a lot to you. I pray you find comfort in happier memories of the time you both spent together.

:hug

Last edited:

titanic71212

Lifetime Streaker
Be strong hon, your dad is watching you from above. Because you didn't get to say goodbye, write him a letter and address to heaven, and mail it. When my husband was taken by a drunk driver 8 years ago, we to did not get to say goodbye, but we wrote him letters saying good-bye and see you in the future, it helped me and my children...

Take care of yourselves and in a few months sit with your sisters and tell stories about your dad, you will laugh and cry, but you will find that the ache will slowly go away, and you can then smile at the memories of your father.

Kandy

labell

Lifetime Streaker
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Words are so inadequate - just know all our hearts go out to you and yours at this time.

LovinAl

Lifetime Streaker
say many prayers for you my friend, may God comfort you during these hard times, with much love and respect LovinAl