What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i need some help on cleaning

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

palmck

Senior Streaker
ok, i need some help on cleaning, it's my couch. there's vegetable oil on it and i dont know how to get it out, my couch is, the kind you can't clean, it's so hard. the color is light brown, don't know the kind of couch i have. i try the dish soap with hot water, still didn't clean out the oil. what can i do, please help. i can't even wash them in the washer, cause there attach together. it's not leather, or cotton or polyester. i just dont know the fabric,lol. just that it's the kind you can't clean much. i hope someone can help. :sowwy

Last edited by a moderator:

palmck

Senior Streaker
ok i think i found almost the same fabric couch i have, it looks the same but not sure. the fabric is microfiber buckskin, it really does look the same.

so let me know what i can use to remove the cooking oil off the couch, please.:sowwy

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
sure wish I could help some, maybe try to google it and see what they come up with dear.

moslowjj

Lifetime Streaker
Mabe this will work if you can get solvent. mabe skip 1 and 2 now.
Upholstery
1. Scrape off excess oil.
2. Sprinkle baking soda, cornstarch, or other absorbent on the stain. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes, and then vacuum.
3. Using a clean white cloth, sponge the stain with a dry-cleaning solvent.
4. Blot until the solvent is absorbed.
5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until the stain disappears

Hope this helps :cool:

judyb57

Super Moderator
Hope that works. I am sorry, I have no clue either. I have a big dog that sheds and a big cat that claws things, so I keep big blankets over my furniture! I just throw the animals out and wash the blankets once in a while, lol.

m8ryann

Lifetime Streaker
Is it suede because i think i have the same exact couch that you are describing...but i know my couch has stains on it and all i do is put some oxyclean (its kind of like the detergent than get some warm water and keep blotting it with a microfiber towel like what moslow said...i hope it works...yeah i also cover my couches with blankets..

palmck

Senior Streaker
tyx guys i will try. and i do cover my couches but though nothing will happen, i was going to wash my blankets, i uncovered the couch and the next morning, my son beings the cooking oil to the living room just to say, if you drink this, can it give you a heart attack? and boom, it happened on my couch and some on my computer, lucky my computer still works so far, my computer was $1700, lab top. i'm glad it still works right now, now it's my poor couch, all over, big stain, omg. is what i though. but i keep trying to clean it out. i don't blame him, it's my fault, i forgot to tighten the led after cooking for my kids.

judyb57

Super Moderator
my son beings the cooking oil to the living room just to say, if you drink this, can it give you a heart attack

Oh no! Did you tell him spilling it was what causes heart attacks, lmao! Poor kid must have been horrified when it spilled!

palmck

Senior Streaker
yes he was, he kept saying my sorry mom, im sorry mom, went to his room and stayed there without me telling him to, lol. my poor son. i wasn't mad at him because he didn't know and it was my fault. i just told him it was ok. he's a happy boy once again, lol.

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
Oh no! Did you tell him spilling it was what causes heart attacks, lmao! Poor kid must have been horrified when it spilled!

Poor kid, but that cracked me up Judy!!! :laugh

Good luck with your sofa!

XoX
Liz

MizzPA

Lifetime Streaker
LOL @ Judy!

I hope something works for you but I agree with the oxyclean and the aking soda mix. I know babywipes and baby powder are good for a grease stain or like spagetti sauce but you have to hit it right away. Oh and shout works good when you need to wash something out. But not sure how good it would be for you since you can't wash it!​

palmck

Senior Streaker
Well good news, all the stains are gone, thank god. i cleaned the whole couch with dish soap and hot water. the dish soap has the grease stain remover. i put some on the stains and left them for about 15 minutes and wash with hot water and a brush. i use the brush carefully on the couch with the hot water, oh forgot to mention i also used baby power first before the others and it works, i did clean the couch 3 times and it looks new, all clean and covered once again with a blanket.:clap2:clap

judyb57

Super Moderator
WooHoo! Glad you got it clean and I bet your son is REALLY glad, lol!! Give him an extra hug for me! :eek: