What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SCARED OF DENTIST HELP!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

redfawn

Lifetime Streaker
Hi friends, well i am spose to go and have some teeth filled today and let me tell ya...I am petrified! The last time i remember having cavaties was when i was 13. I can't remember if it hurt but i do remember the gas helping. I have to be one of the biggest chickens. They gave me a volume to take an hour before i go to help calm me down lol. I can take having teeth pulled and even a shot in the mouth what i hate it that damn drill, smoke and noise! Anyone else out there feel like me? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!:hit

judyb57

Super Moderator
You are NOT alone red, I think everyone has a fear of some kind involving going to the dentist. Some people just bite the bullet and don't let on that they are afraid, hehe! Just relax, go and every once in a while remember to BREATHE!:eek: You will be fine.:eek:

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
girl its scary I know but you can do it, the only bad thing is the sounds like you said so maybe ask if you can bring and ipod :)

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
I HATE the dentist!! I am the biggest scaredy cat ever!! I take an ativan before every visit but still panic a little in the chair. I have been thru so much dental work you would think I would be used to it. lol But noooo still scared to death every time! You are NOT alone redfawn!!

redfawn

Lifetime Streaker
lol thank you my friends. I have to leave in another hour and 20 minutes ugh! I feel like a 3 year old child everytime i go. Last time he wanted to work on me and i said ummm i will just be back in a week..that was over a month ago lol. He freaks me out cuz he always stops and asks are you ok? That was when he was pulling 2 teeth and dropped one down my throat! He panicked and that made me panick. Then he almost drowned me with the water spray. He is sweet but i dont think i like him for my dentist. I cant choose who i want. Im on that crappy insurance AHCCCS (legally blind) and all they pay for is teeth pulling 2 a month lol. So i have to make payments now and you would think i could chooses another dentist but i cant. Doesnt help that this kind dentist looks like my abusive ex hubby either. I just dont wanna go!!:(

judyb57

Super Moderator
OMG, you have a good reason for not wanting to go hon! However, the only that you are hurting in the long run is YOU if you do not go and have the work done! Just close your eyes and think pleasant thoughts. You will be fine, honest! Come and let us know how it went when you get back. :eek:

redfawn

Lifetime Streaker
Thanks judy, Im thinking that i pay out of pocket to this guy then why not find a good dentist with the new trends like lazer, and that new powder that fills cavaties with no pain? Not sure yet lol. Heres a link i found about the phobia and new trends in dentistry.

http://www.feardentists.com/content/view/3/1/1/2/

MizzPA

Lifetime Streaker
Oh no Red hope your doing ok at your appointment. I went yesterday. The whole family and we just got cleaning. I hate even just that scraping. Thank God I don't have to go back.

judyb57

Super Moderator
Virtual Reality Goggles

Using computers to recreate an artificial world, virtual reality goggles are used by some dentists and offered to their patient to minimize the stress and discomfort of the visit. Some dentists that use these maintain that not only do the virtual goggles help the patient to relax, but they also help them to forget where they are. Stereoscopic displays on small screens appear inside the goggle’s head, allowing the patient the opportunity to enter mentally these worlds and interact (again mentally) with all the inhabitants there.

Great website red! I read about these Virtual Reality Googles there. I want some for at home, hehe!:grinclap

redfawn

Lifetime Streaker
I like that oxide powder that fills in cavaties with no pain! lol yup i called and cancelled and am now looking for a GOOD dentist here in Flagstaff, Arizona. Anyone live here and if so know of any good ones? Thanks! Goggles do sound awesome huh judy? lol wee be weird to be someplace and mentally at another.:proud

lucky639

Lifetime Streaker
Oh Great! I have a dentist appointment on the 26th. I too haven't seen a dentist in a very longtime. Well, if I wasn't afraid before, I might be now....lol
No worries, my husband is even a bigger chicken than me..:laugh

redfawn

Lifetime Streaker
Thank you MizzPa, lol i didnt go! I went online looking for a dentist who caters to uhhm cowards and only found 1. He is down the street from me so i will be calling and getting info tomorrow. He has thos awesome virtual reality goggles and uses that powder to fill cavities. Yay!

lucky hon, i understand . I'm sorry if i made you more nervous. I was so very nervous cuz of the doc i was spose to see. He just isnt professional enough for me. You'll be just fine :eek:

judyb57

Super Moderator
WooHoo, he has the "GOOD" stuff red? Hey Lucky, you need to go with her to the dentist she is checking into. Of course you will have to go to Arizona! :grinclap

redfawn

Lifetime Streaker
lol judy, you crack me up! From what i found he has all the good stuff! oh goody!:woohoo

cola57

Senior Streaker
You people are not alone!! ive been scared to death since I was 12. I was at a childrens hospital in st.paul,mn. The dentist there was a old bag who could have cared less if it hurt. no novacaine for filling but they'd put you to sleep to have a tooth pulled. Her helper was a lady with a big scar down the side of her face. The kids would try to hide when they seen her coming.Sound like a horror story? It was! LOL .:harlie Well Dentists and they're methods have greatly improved sinse then,Thank God! and I guess id rather have a baby than have a toothache. at least you have something to show for the pain. LOL So best of luck to all of you that are afaid of the dentist and hope you get some goodies to take before hand.