What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecticut receives federal approval for sports betting, iGaming

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
Source - GamingAmerica

The U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs has signed off on Connecticut’s revised compact with the Mohegan and Mashantucket Pequot Tribes,
the last hurdle for the state to allow Sports Betting and iGaming.
"This critical step in the process of modernizing our gaming landscape here in Connecticut ensures that our state will have a
competitive, nation-leading marketplace for wagering both in-person and online," Connecticut governor Ned Lamont tweeted.

Sports Betting and iGaming are expected to launch in October.

Mohegan and Mashantucket Pequot have been preparing for the rollout of expanded gaming by partnering with competing operators.
FanDuel will power Mohegan Sun, while Mashantucket Pequot’s Foxwoods Resorts have partnered with DraftKings.

The Connecticut Lottery Corporation (CLC) will also offer Sports Betting. Rush Street Interactive will serve as CLC’s exclusive provider
for mobile, online and retail channels, while Sportech will be licensed to accept wagers at 10-off track betting locations in partnership with CLC.

Last week a Connecticut bipartisan committee approved emergency rules to expediate Sports Betting and iGaming, with the hope
of launching the former in time for the NFL season.

It appears the state will come up short of that goal.

The tribes and CLC are awaiting the state Department of Consumer Protection to issue master wagering licenses.

Rep. David Rutigliano, (R-Trumbill), criticized the decision to greenlight emergency rules in order to meet the NFL’s deadline.

“I just didn’t think it was an emergency,” he said, according to the Hartford Courant. “It’s a little transparent that we’re trying to
beat the kickoff to the NFL season, which I think is outrageous. We have twisted and turned the state government and all its power
to beat a deadline that didn’t need to be beat. ... I don’t think we needed to rush.