What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 Ways You Can “Boycott” Kentucky

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
Don’t get mad. Get even. Here are ten ways to pressure Kentucky to drop its assault on the internet.

Kentucky: “We control the internet”Upset that Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear thinks he owns the internet? Mad as hell that he thinks he can strong arm a global community for the benefit of his local industries? Then get even. Here are ten ways you can apply pressure to the governor to get him to drop his crusade against domain names.

1. Block and boycott TwinSpires.com. It appears that internet gambling is not illegal in Kentucky. The government just wants a cut of it. TwinSpires is a legally sanctioned horse racing site. If you use it, stop. If you are an IT administrator and haven’t already done so, block the site from your employees.

2. Don’t go to Churchill Downs and don’t watch the Kentucky Derby. This tourist attraction claims nearly 2 million visitors a year.

3. Don’t eat at Taco Bell. Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut are run by Kentucky-based Yum! Brands. However, many of their locations are franchised. Tell your local franchisee that you’re not eating at their restaurant since some of the money trickles back to Kentucky. Ask them to write a letter to Beshear urging him to drop the case.

4. Threaten Humana. Humana is the biggest company in Kentucky and administers health care and human resources services. If your company uses Humana, pressure the company to join the fight against Governor Steve Beshear. It’s reasonable for a large internet company to put enough pressure on the company to act.

5. Buy Indiana. Kentucky’s biggest city, Louisville, borders on Indiana. Make the trip across the state border to Indiana to support its economy rather than Kentucky’s.

6. Email Beshear to voice your concerns.

7. Call Lexington, Kentucky-based Lexmark. Tell the company you are concerned about buying Lexmark printers in the future because it will support Beshear’s state. Since Lexmark manufactures computer peripherals, it should be very concerned about the future of the internet. Call Lexmark’s media relations hotline, (859) 232-2221 , to voice your concern. Or e-mail Todd Hastings, corporate media contact at thasting (at) lexmark.com.

8. Email Kentucky Senators to voice your displeasure about the governor’s actions. Jim Bunning, Mitch McConnell.

9. Ask the Electronic Frontier Foundation to get involved.

10. I believe that judge Thomas Wingate is elected. If so, his constituents should let him know how they feel about this case.

Any other suggestions?

http://domainnamewire.com/2008/10/20/10-ways-you-can-boycott-kentucky/

judyb57

Super Moderator
Some great ideas, come on people, lets stand up for our rights! Let them know how you feel :argueingsmilies

Duckey

Lifetime Streaker
Thank you for trying to stand up for our rights I have and will re-email the gov. and our senators. Thank you for the suggestions will start on those right away. I just got another depressing email from grand mondial sorry gang is steve is screwing up everyones fun. Everyone email yum brands even if your in a banned state let them know that your wont spend money there because of whats going on here...............love duckey:arggggg

MotelPrisoner

Lifetime Streaker
Don't buy Jack Daniels or Kentucky Bourbon either! :p

I am going to write to Lexmark and Taco Bell also.

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
http://boycottkentucky.com/

Some have suggested that if Beshear is ultimately successful in his quest, then adult-oriented websites are up next for seizure. That’s probably true, but who’s on the hit last after that? Who else is “undermining” and “threatening” and “competing with” local businesses? Hmm…

Ebay? Yep. Those b*stards are crushing garage sales.

Amazon? Yeah. Who the hell do they think they are selling books for less and offering free shipping? (gasp).

TicketsNow? Alley-way scalpers across the nation are hurting and we must protect them now!

AmericanFlags.com? Selling Old Glory on the Internet is killing Home Depot and Lowes. Just look at their stock prices.

WebMD? Nobody pays $400 for 6 minutes with their doctors anymore thanks to these rascals. And aren’t they practicing unlicensed medicine anyway? Take that domain away right now!

Beshear and his ilk would undoubtedly say that these are far-fetched examples, and that the key here is “unlicensed” activities such as gaming. Ok. So if I sell insurance leads, or provide an informational site about alternative breast cancer tretaments, or feature a stock quote ticker on my website, am I engaged in “unlicensed” activities? Will I wake up in the morning to find that the Commonwealth of Kentucky, the State of New York, or maybe the Prime Minister of Malaysia has decided that my website is simply too dangerous and that it’s better off in their hands?

You can’t rule it out given what’s happening in Kentucky. This is your fight. Step up.

jackpotdude

Junior Streaker
NO TACO BELL
I want to help, but what am i going to eat???
cant we just get someone who is connected to go over to ken****y and have a little heart to heart talk with the gov. and his lacky judge ??
if that dont work start bustin knee caps :haha

Last edited: