What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas Dishes?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
What's your favorite Christmas dish I am looking for some ideas!!

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Meals or desserts?

My favorite meal has to be the seafood! We make tons of seafood on xmas eve, its a catholic tradition.

My favorite dessert is either struffoli or italian pastries! Yummmm!!

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
we always do the same traditional ham, sweet potatoes, green bean salad
making cherry pie this year.

I could use a few new ideas myself, seafood sounds awesome Carey!!
maybe I need to make a few new traditions :)

I had a girlfriend who always made this Saffron and Shrimp Risotto dish
on christmas, its awesome!!

1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined, shells reserved
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
2 ripe plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
Salt and freshly ground pepper

In a small nonreactive saucepan, warm the saffron and wine over moderate heat for 1 minute. In a medium saucepan, boil the shrimp shells with 6 1/2 cups of water over high heat for 5 minutes. Strain the stock into a medium saucepan; keep hot over moderately low heat. In a large nonreactive saucepan, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter over high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until just opaque, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter and the onion to the pan and cook over moderately high heat until the onion is translucent, about 2 minutes. Stir in the rice. Add the saffron liquid and boil it until almost completely evaporated.
Add 1 cup of the hot shrimp stock or just enough to form a thin veil over the rice. Gently boil the rice, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed. Repeat this procedure, adding the hot stock 1 cup at a time, until it is all used and the rice is tender but firm. Add the shrimp and cook just to warm through. Fold in the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Serve at once.

bighat

Last edited:

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
That sounds awesome Dani!! Well I am just having some snacks since we are going to my parents..
I am going to use this cranberry jalapeno jam I found at Trader Joes and pour it over some cream cheese.. sorta that hot & sweet mix.. Hope is good!

Then we are having lil smokiness , white queso dip
Cheese & Salami
Crab dip

Guess I should get a few more things GG22

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
That sounds awesome Dani!! Well I am just having some snacks since we are going to my parents..
I am going to use this cranberry jalapeno jam I found at Trader Joes and pour it over some cream cheese.. sorta that hot & sweet mix.. Hope is good!

Then we are having lil smokiness , white queso dip
Cheese & Salami
Crab dip

Guess I should get a few more things GG22
That sounds perfect, I dont think you need more if you are going to your parents for dinner.

sorcer3ss

Staff member
It all sounds delicious, we will be having ham, roast pork, roast chicken, cauliflower with cheese sauce, green beans, baked potatoes and pumpkin and for desert, plum pudding and cheesecake.

judyb57

Super Moderator
WOW, ham, roast pork, AND roast chicken? How many people are you feeding lol :ohboy

sorcer3ss

Staff member
Lol it does sound bad but we have always done that, a lot of families have turkey instead of chicken but a lot do have the chicken. We have changed from tradition this year and we are having the meal in the evening instead of lunchtime.