What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desserts (Cakes - Cookies - Pies - Etc.)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Klem

Newbie Streaker
Healthy Chicken Chili with Barley
Prep time: <time itemprop="prepTime" datetime="PT20M">20 mins</time>
Cook time: <time itemprop="cookTime" datetime="PT1H">1 hour</time>
Total time: <time itemprop="totalTime" datetime="PT1H20M">1 hour 20 mins</time>

Serves: 4 to 6

This chili is best the second day – feel free to make in advance.
Ingredients
For the chili:

• 1 tablespoon oil
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 green pepper, trimmed and diced
  • 1 zucchini, diced
  • 1 poblano pepper, trimmed and minced
  • 1½ teaspoons oregano
  • 1½ teaspoons cumin
  • 1½ teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • pepper
  • 1½ pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
  • ½ cup pearl barley
  • 5 cups water
  • 1 can diced green chiles
  • One 14-ounce can white beans, rinsed
  • Juice of half a lime
For serving:

• Plain Greek yogurt, 2% or full fat
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • Fresh cilantro leaves
  • Shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Instructions

1. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, green pepper, poblano, and zucchini and sauté until all are translucent, about 10 minutes. Push the veggies to the side, and add the chicken skin side down. Brown the chicken for a minute on each side. Add the spices, salt, and a few grinds of pepper, and mix everything together. Add the barley and 5 cups of water. Bring the chili to a boil, then lower the heat, cover, and cook, simmering, for 40 minutes. Remove the chicken from the stew to a plate and leave for about 15 minutes, until cool enough to handle. Using two forks, pull all the meat off the bones and shred it. Add the green chiles and white beans to the stew and return the shredded chicken, discarding the bones and skin. Stir together and cook, uncovered, for another 10 minutes. Squeeze in the lime juice and taste for salt, adding more as needed.
  2. Top with yogurt, lime, cilantro, avocado.

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Thanks for sharing klem but this is the desserts thread.. :ohboy

Hesus

Newbie Streaker
Here is the receipt of the cupcakes my wife makes time after time for me :ohboy

Ingredients:

1. 2 cups of flour (unbleached);
2. 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (it must be unsweetened);
3. 1,5 teaspoons of baking soda;
4. 0,5 teaspoon of salt;
5. 0,5 cup of butter;
6. 1,5 cups of white sugar;
7. 2 eggs;
8. 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract;
9. 2 cups of applesauce (unsweetened);
10. 1 cup of semisweeted chocolate chips;
11. 0,5 cup of chopped walnuts;

Baking prosses:

1. You must preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour the 9x13 inch pan. Mix in a bowl the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set them aside for now;

2. Cream the butter and sugar togather in a large bowl until they become light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs (one at a time). Blend in the vanilla extract. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the applesauce;

3. Now pour the batter into the 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle it from above with chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.

Enjoy the cupcakes. Bon appetit! :thumbsup

Hesus

Newbie Streaker
Glad you liked it. They are going nice with cup of coffee with milk in the morning :)HG

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
APPLE CAKE with CARAMEL SAUCE

5 large Granny Smith apples
½ cup butter (room temperature)
2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

Peel, core and dice the apples (about pea size...I use the food processor), set aside. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg; beat in vanilla.

Add flour, spices, salt and baking soda to the butter mixture. The batter will be very thick (almost like a cookie batter). Stir in the apples (the moisture from the apples will loosen up the batter).

Spread the batter into a greased 9" x 13" baking dish (I like to use glass) and bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and springs back when lightly touched (my electric oven takes 45 minutes).

Lara's original recipe just said to serve the sauce (recipe below) with the cake, however, I decided to do it a little differently: I removed the cake from oven and let it cool for 15 minutes, then I poked small holes, about every 2", over the entire cake (make sure the holes go deep enough to touch the bottom of the cake pan). NOTE: I used my skinniest meat thermometer to make the small holes. Pour the hot caramel topping over the surface of the cake (it will disappear down into the holes).

EASY CARAMEL TOPPING

In a sauce pan with a heavy bottom, mix ¼ cup butter and ½ cup brown sugar. Cook over medium heat until the butter is melted completely. Slowly add ½ cup heavy cream (careful it will splatter at first) whisking while you add it. Bring this mixture to a LOW boil. Boil and stir for 3 minutes. Pour hot topping over warm cake. Let cake cool before serving

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
I made these for my son for his birthday, they were sooo delicious!!

AndiGamer

Junior Streaker
I do follow most of the cooking and baking page on FB.
And I'm gaining more and more weight each day.