What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandwiches, Wraps, etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member

Italian Pressed Sandwiches

Ingredients:
1 rectangular ciabatta or other thick-crusted bread, about 18 inches long by 5 inches wide
1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced
1/4 pound hard salami, thinly sliced
1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
Freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
5 whole sun-dried tomatoes, in oil, thinly sliced

Instructions:

Slice the bread horizontally and lay each half, cut side up, on a work surface. Drizzle with olive oil. On one half, lay down the prosciutto to cover. Repeat with the salami and mozzarella. Top with the pepper, oregano, and sun-dried tomatoes. Cover with the other half of the bread.

Press down on the sandwich and wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then foil. Press under heavy saucepans or cans for up to overnight in the refrigerator. When ready to eat or pack, unwrap the loaf, cut into servings, and serve, or rewrap and pack.

judyb57

Super Moderator
Divine Meatball Sandwiches

Ingredients

2 (1 lb) packages frozen meatballs, Italian style
2 loaves bakery Italian bread
1 (28 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon italian seasoning
1 dash garlic powder
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

In a large pot combine frozen meatballs and spaghetti sauce.
Heat over medium until meatballs are heated throughout.
Meanwhile, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, pepper, and garlic powder and set aside.
Slice Italian style bread loaves horizontally with serrated bread knife.
Cut loaves into three- or four-inch sections to make small sandwiches.
Spread cream cheese mixture on insides of each sandwiche's tops and bottoms.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
When meatballs are heated, spoon onto sandwiches and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Put sandwich tops on and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Bake about 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member

Slow Cooker Three Envelope Pot Roast Sliders Recipe

Roast:
1 3-4 lb beef roast
1 cup water
1 cup salsa
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
1 envelope Au Jus mix

Whisk together water, salsa and seasoning packets. Place roast in slow cooker. Pour seasoning mixture over roast. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.

If you want to make sliders:
Three Envelope Pot Roast recipe (above), shredded
1 pkg. King's Hawaiian Rolls
Sliced Swiss cheese (1 slice per slider)
Creamy Chipotle Sauce (recipe below)

Cut each roll in half and place on a baking sheet. Place a slice of Swiss cheese on the bottom half of each roll. Place baking sheet in oven with broiler on low. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until edges of the rolls are golden and cheese has melted (be sure to watch them closely so they don't burn!). Remove baking sheet from oven.
Place a spoonful of shredded beef on top of each roll with Swiss cheese on it. Spread Creamy Chipotle sauce on the top half of each roll. Assemble each slider by placing the top half of the roll on top of the bottom.

Creamy Chipotle Sauce:
1/4 cup sour cream (I used fat free)
2 Tbsp chili sauce
2 tsp creamy horseradish sauce (I used Kraft)

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
I want to try some slow cooker recipes soon, I am getting one for free this weekend in AC. lol

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
Prep Time 10 min Total Time 15 min Servings 4

Ingredients

4 fat-free flour tortillas (6 to 8 inch)
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (5 oz)
1 medium onion, cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into thin slices
1 can (15 oz) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
4 cups fresh spinach leaves
1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (2 oz)

Directions

Step1
Heat tortillas as directed on package.
Step2
Meanwhile, spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook mushrooms and onion in skillet about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is crisp-tender. Stir in beans; heat through. Stir in spinach; remove from heat.
Step3
Divide bean mixture among tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold one end of each tortilla up about 1 inch over filling; fold right and left sides over folded end, overlapping. Fold remaining end down.

Last edited:

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
Mexican Four Cheese and Chicken Quesadilla

Ingredients

2 tablespoons Pace® Mexican Four Cheese Salsa con Queso
1 8 inch flour tortilla, warmed
2 tablespoons chopped cooked chicken
2 tablespoons prepared guacamole or diced avocado
1 tablespoon diced red pepper
Vegetable cooking spray
Pace® Chunky Salsa, any variety
Sour cream

Directions
Spread the salsa con queso on the tortilla to within 1/2-inch of the edge. Top with the chicken, guacamole and pepper. Moisten the edge of the tortilla with water. Fold over and press the edges to seal.
Spray an 8-inch skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the quesadilla and cook for 5 minutes or until it's lightly browned and the filling is hot. Serve with the salsa and sour cream.

Aleastorm

Pro Streaker
My son inlaw and daughter are opening a sandwich shop he wanted new ideas for different sandwiches so I made up two different kinds just thought you might like to try them out.the first one is called the Chuck wagon.take a Chuck roast and roast it for about three hours in beef broth and one pk of brown gravy.put cubed potatoes in with it at 350 degrees.cut up toaster done put on toasted kyser roll with light gravy and side dish of potatoes with light gravy.my son in law loved this when I made it so it made it to his menu . the next one is simple by Virginia baked ham also get cappacola and pressutto heat the ham make sure cappacola is in middle as it will burn also get baby Swiss cheese put on top of the hams let it melt . When done heating put it on favorite roll.add catalina dressing and a side salad.I call this the ham harmony.it made the menu a l so.

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Thats great Alea, good luck to them with the sandwich shop!

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member

Catfish Po'Boys

This traditional Cajun catfish and sweet pepper sandwich makes a quick and easy weeknight dinner.

Ingredients

1 - 1 1/4 pounds catfish fillets
1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 hoagie buns, split and toasted
2 medium red and/or yellow sweet peppers, cored and sliced in rings
4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers, shredded (1 cup)
1 cup purchased deli coleslaw
Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
Small hot peppers (optional)

Directions
Cut catfish in 3-inch pieces. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Coat with breadcrumbs. In 12-inch skillet cook catfish in hot oil 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until golden and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Divide catfish among buns. Top with sweet pepper rings, cheese, and coleslaw. If desired, top with hot pepper sauce and/or serve with hot peppers. Makes 4 servings.

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member

1 2 - 2 1/4 pound deli-roasted chicken
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1/3 cup cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
1/2 cup tomato sauce
3 - 4 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped fresh red and/or green hot chili peppers
2 tablespoons snipped fresh thyme
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 sandwich buns, split
Bread-and-butter pickle slices

Directions
Remove meat from chicken (discard skin and bones). Use two forks or your fingers to pull meat into shreds.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally to separate into rings. Add vinegar; cook and stir 1 minute more.
Stir in tomato sauce, chile peppers, thyme, molasses, water, and salt. Bring to boiling. Add the chicken; tossing gently to coat. Heat through. Serve on rolls with pickle slices. Makes 6 sandwiches.

Hesus

Newbie Streaker
Holy Cow! This looks really tasty. I just planned to surf the internet for a new sandwich recipe but I found what I was looking for here. :thank you

RJB

Newbie Streaker
Dear lord! You guys are a bunch of kitchen gurus! I'm going to have to test these recipes and see what happens, I got hungry just by reading. :laugh